Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your
interest in Perkins-Tryon Public Schools. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district
whenever it is possible.
Perkins-Tryon Public Schools makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and
state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below here; however, we are providing the
following information for your convenience:
- The state Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a
transfer: Student Transfer Application. Parents who need access to technology to complete and submit the form can visit the Perkins-Tryon Administration building located at 103 SW 2 nd Street in Perkins, Oklahoma or at any school site office. Paper copies of the form can also be picked up at the Perkins-Tryon
Administration building or at any school site office.
- Decisions about transfers for the 2022-2023 school year will be made by July 15, 2022. We will
contact parents directly about the approval status of their child’s transfer.
- Mid-year transfer requests will be considered within 5 business days of the district receiving the
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who attended the district
on a transfer during the 2021-22 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from
the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-
established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
- If the grade a student requests is over capacity, he/she will be offered the opportunity to be placed
on a waiting list.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary
Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed, information on the appeal process can be found in the board
policy listed below.
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please visit
www.p-t.k12.ok.us or contact any building administrator.